Sat, Dec 12|
MHAM Christmas + Cocoa
6-8 p.m. December 12: “CHRISTMAS + COCOA” at the MARGARET HARWELL ART MUSEUM
Time & Location
Dec 12, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About the event
CHRISTMAS + COCOA
AT THE MARGARET HARWELL ART MUSEUM
Many thanks to our wonderful sponsors who have already made this event a success with their generous donations! They are as follows:
FIRST MIDWEST BANK
WHITWORTH’S GIFT CHEST JEWELERS
THE BANK OF MISSOURI
On Saturday, December 12, the Friends of Margaret Harwell are throwing a modern twist to a Victorian Christmas! There will be carolers on the front lawn singing Christmas carols as folks pick up swag bags of wonderful things! (For those who wish to, they may come in and tour the museum, enjoy some cocoa, and view the spectacular art of “Watercolor Now! 2020” as they pick up their bags). Guests have the option to distance from the dreaded covid in the safety of their vehicles. Traffic will be guided safely through.
There will be only 150 bags and each bag will contain the following:
- A $100.00 gift certificate from Whitworth’s gift Chest Jewelers!
- A hand painted glass Christmas ornament by the renowned Kathy Dickson!
- A greeting card by Tim Edington Photography!
- A gift card from Castello’s Restaurant!
- A gift card from Donut House!
- A $20 Mary Kay Cosmetics gift card from Jeri Baker!
- A Souvenir post card of the painting of the museum by Steve Whitworth
- A bag of Hershey’s hot cocoa mix. It is “Christmas + Cocoa after all!
Auction Items will include:
- An Eileen Melton (famed wildlife artist) framed original 24” x 30” oil painting of ducks taking off from a lake entitled “Time to Go”. Donated by her family.
- An 8” x 10” framed Kathy Dickson (winner of numerous national competitions) original oil painting: “Winters Peace”. Donated by the artist!
- A Mattilyn Grace Stacy (Paul Jackson protégé/prodigy) 18” x 28” original watercolor painting entitled “Hope”. Donated by the artist!
- A Rose Anne Huck (resident instructor, owner Creekside Studios) 20” x 16” framed original acrylic painting entitled “Sycamore on the River”. Donated by the artist!
- A Marty Harlan (retired art teacher) 16” x 20” framed original acrylic entitled “Red Barn”. Donated by the artist!
- A Grace Blaich (lawyer, life long patron of the arts) 11” x 14” framed original acrylic painting “River Birch”. Donated by the artist!
- A Steve Whitworth (museum director) 16” x 20” framed original oil painting “Friends Sculpture Garden”. Donated by the artist.
*AUCTION goes LIVE at 5:00 p.m. on November 27, and ends during the reception at the Margaret Harwell Art Museum at 7:30 p.m. on December 12.
Bidding Owl is host. Place your bids at https://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/home.cfm?auctionID=24749
Our many thanks to our great sponsors and artists for their remarkable donations!
Tickets may be purchased at Whitworth’s Gift Chest Jewelers, The Margaret Harwell Art Museum during regular hours, or at the opening reception at the museum of Watercolor Now! 2020, Saturday, December 5th, from 6:00 till 9:00 p.m.